We as a business, like many others realise that creating videos to market our services in a must.
In todays’ fast paced environment, potential clients are more likely to watch a short video to introduce a product or service, than to read through the pages of a brochure.
Once we started creating our video however, we realised that it’s not as easy as it looks, there are so many things to consider………….
- Think about your target audience, what do they want to see? What problems do they face that your service can solve? What benefits does the service bring? At Asset Handling we know all the advantages of Programme Insight Manager and what a powerful tool it is when managing projects but what is the best way to get this across?
- Don’t use jargon and abbreviations, this was a difficult one for us as even the system is abbreviated to PIM. Other tech companies know that abbreviations are rife but it can’t be assumed everyone will know what they mean.
- Producing a video that is too long, our first attempt was twice as long as the final version, it’s a difficult balance between getting all the information across and holding someone’s attention.
- Trying to deliver too many messages, again this was tricky for us to navigate, as there are so many great features to PIM we wanted to share, in the end we decided that the first would be an overview of the software and we would later create a series of videos to explore PIM in depth.
- Too much talking, no enough showing. Filming a product in use is more visually appealing than a colleague just talking through it. For us demo was the best way to showcase PIM, we decided on a video running through the software visually with a voiceover explaining what was on screen.
- Enlist the help of a professional videographer, you know your own service but might not be best placed to showcase it. That was certainly the case with us, once we had the right people in place it all flowed more easily.
Hope the tips above help you think if you are about to embark on creating your first business video, we got there in the end with our first foray and here is the finished result.